Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Momma, I need one of them..."

Yes, that's not proper English that I used but it is Carter's sweet little quote that I've been hearing a lot here lately. With Christmas just barely 2 months away the kids channels on t.v. are laying the toy ads on thick and heavy. It's so funny to me how each time one comes on, he jumps up stands in front of the t.v. and says, "Momma, I need one of them!"

Travis and I were laughing the other night because a baby doll was on the screen and he insisted that we get him one. We explained that he would have to tell Santa all the different things he wanted. Surprisingly enough, it worked! He is cool with that response and says, "okay" and then sits back down. So far his list consists of, Hungry Hungry Hippos, a new tractor & trailer, the baby doll, and some craft something that I can't remember the name of but I can remember it looks extremely messy! :) Travis & I can not wait until this holiday season to watch his little face light up!

This past weekend, I went to Garden Ridge to look for new mirrors for our house. On the way there, Carter fell asleep and stayed asleep while I pushed the cart into the store. As soon as we entered the doors of the store, he popped up like a jack in the box and was in awe of all the Christmas decorations, music, and lights. His nap was officially over when he walked into that winter wonderland! :) He said, "Momma, look at all the lights and there's Santa!!!!" To get a sneak peek at Christmas through a child's eyes, what more do you need to really warm your heart? As we went up and down each isle his wish list grew longer and longer. Funny thing was though, these weren't toys but Christmas decorations. He didn't care, he was just excited about Christmas.

I can't wait to have his little hands help put up the tree, bake cookies for Santa and most of all watch his little smiling face come running down the hall on Christmas morning! What a special holiday season it would be if every one could remember the spirit of Christmas the way a child does. To enjoy the surroundings, the MEANING (granted my three year old only understands it is Jesus' birthday), and the fellowship that Christmas brings!

That's all for now.

~jen~

No comments: