Saturday, September 20, 2008

Newest member...

This morning we were scheduled for an ultrasound. Carter was very excited to go see the baby! He asked several times, "how will I see the baby?" We explained that it would be on a big t.v. screen and we were going to see if we could tell him if it was a boy or girl. He was very persistent, as he has been that it would be a girl.

The tech started the ultrasound, and what a relief to see our little one moving around inside. I was anxious, nervous, and ready to know what it would be. The little stinker decided it would be a tad bit on the stubborn side and just sit still. The umbilical cord would get in the way, and each time I would think I could tell, the tech would say nope can't tell yet. Talk about anticipation! The room was full of family and they were all making their predictions. I pretty much just laid there quietly, not moving my eyes from that screen. Those that have ever had an ultrasound know, that if you aren't looking, your one and only chance to tell, could be missed for that day! Everything looked to be fine. Healthy heartbeat, 150 bpm, and beautiful little hands and feet. BUT WHAT IS IT?!

Our appointment was to be only for 20 minutes. They tech was so kind, and determined to have me walk away from there knowing what we were expecting. I finally asked if I were to drink some soda would that help move things around. She agreed, and I immediately sent my sister to her car to get me a soda. Three or four sips later, BAM! movement!!! :) My hope, and anticipation soared. I was biting my lip, shaking my leg and waiting, waiting, waiting! Finally, the tech said, "do you see that?" The flood gates opened as I said, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!" I was a tad bit of an emotional wreck for a minute or two!! How exciting to know that we will not be the parents to just one precious child, a boy.... but TWO boys!!!!!



I am thrilled. I have hoped and prayed for a boy, and once again, God has answered my prayers. Do we have a name....no not yet. Yes, I know...I'm quite the planner and I know it is a shock to some of you that know just what a planner I am. I, we, honestly have no clue what this little munchkin will be called. Any suggestions?! I obviously need help, LOL!

No comments: