Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pedicures by Carter

I've been saying for several days now that I need to go treat myself to a pedicure.   These swelling legs/ankles are not the most beautiful things to be trying to "doll up".  Tonight Carter had an early bath and my feet were so sore I propped them on the side of the tub while he was playing.  He looked at them and said, "Oh no momma!  Your feet are big again!"  I've explained best I know how to him that this is just part of momma having a baby.  He says, "Tucker did that to you momma?"  He's going to think Tucker is out to get me by the time all this is over with, LOL!!!

Anywho, after throwing these big ole cankles, tree stumps, logs, call them what you will, up on the side of the tub my sweet little boy rubbed them and said, "I'll wash them for you momma!"  He's such a good child.  His Daddy won't come within inches of my feet or anyone else's for that matter! :)  Maybe the woman Carter marries will be blessed with foot rubs!!  Come on ladies, we all know we like to have our feetsies rubbed!  

He rubbed, and washed, and rubbed and washed.  For five minutes I was in complete heaven.  It was almost as good as being in the massage chair at the nail shop, but I was sitting on the toilet by the tub.  Now that my friends is being desperate!  :)  I must say, it was the best foot massage/pedicure I've ever received.  It came with more love and cheer then anyone else could ever bring.  I called for Travis to bring my camera because I surely never ever want to forget this evening!! :)  

My pedicure, I guess that's what you could call it, was short lived.  That's okay though.  My sweet boy was taking care of his momma.  As I watched him rub my feet ever so gently and talk to me about little stuff, I thanked God for him yet again.  A true, true blessing in my life.  He made me realize again today that I am blessed beyond measure.  After his bath, we had dinner (homemade pizza), and as I listened to him say the blessing, and then watched him eat his pizza, I just asked God to continue to let me realize how truly blessed I am with each day that passes.  I still watch Carter and wonder just how much better my life can be, how many more blessings can our home hold?  It's all the little things that any mother will tell you are what make our lives complete.  The little hugs, the kisses, the giggles that fill the room!  Saturday night, Valentine's Day my mom offered to keep Carter and we took him over for his visit.  When we returned home Travis and I both agreed that when our little buddy is not here, it's not the same.  It's too quiet.  When I picked him up on Sunday and we made our way back home, I just sat on the couch and smiled as I watched him play in the floor with his Dad.  His giggle made the house a home, his chatter made us complete.  I said all of that to say, I love my life.  I love everything about it.  Some days are full of chatter, running, messes, and a little mischief but when that chatter, running, messing, and mischief is not around I realize just how much I need it in my life.  

Whether it be foot rubs, or messes, I'll take what each day brings and do my best to find the joy & blessing in each!  

To foot rubs & messes my friends, 
Jen


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweetest thing I've seen in a long time! How blessed you are with your precious boy!