Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Brantley Clay

My friend Ashley welcomed her sweet little boy, Brantley Clay. I don't think there will ever come a day that I don't get as giddy as a kid in a candy shop about a new baby coming into the world. I even remember as a little girl getting so excited when I found out someone was expecting. I suppose I'm just a sucker for being a momma.
BLOG
Brantley was born May 22 and he weighed 8 pounds 13 ounces. He has a headful of jet black hair and the cutest little dimples I've ever seen. I didn't get to hold him the night he was born but I did visit this past weekend and oh sweet goodness he just melts me. I would be lying if I told you I walked away from there without the slightest of baby fever. I had a bad fever!!
BLOG
Babies grow up so fast. Before becoming parents we are always wishing the days away, waiting on 5:00, or thinking months ahead to vacation. Then that moment comes you hold that little one for the first time, and a week later you look down as it sleeps so peacefully in your arms and you pray for the first time, please Lord don't let them grow up so quickly just slow down the time.  That instant that you become parents is the instant that you realize time flies by.
BLOG
Ashley, I'm so excited for you. I pray God's blessings on you and that sweet baby boy. May your days be filled with happiness, laughter, and no regrets. Remember he will always love you for who you are, he'll think the world of you and you the world of him. Cherish these early days before you know it you'll have a little one running around and these days will just be a memory.  I love you both so very much!!  You're a wonderful mother and I look forward to watching Brantley bless your lives.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

<3 the first one...gives me the fever too! :)