Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A sister, a friend...



Last week I called Jessica on one of my off days and she just giggled at my whirlwind of a life, and then said she would be coming home for a visit soon.  Although she would never admit it, I think her thoughts were, "sis is losing it, I better go home for a few days to see if I can help her!"  Any mother can say they no where I was at that time, just one of those days of pure chaos and you just have to sit back and laugh at your own self.  Come on, I know I'm not the only one that has those days... fess up gals!

On Tuesday, I received a text from her that her e.t.a would be 4:25.  I was thrilled to know she was coming in town.  Granted she's only in Graceville a couple hours away, to know she'll be home with us is always a heart warming time.  I packed up the boys and we headed out to my moms to greet her and beg mom for some good 'ole southern cooking!  As always, mom cooked our favorite meal, tomatoes & rice, fried potatoes (home fries), bacon and pork chops!!  There is absolutely nothing like going home to momma's cooking!  Jessica & I both filled our tummies, would you expect anything less from the two of us?  :)

After dinner we visited with Big Granny & Big Papa and then packed up to come home.  Jessica came home with us, and Carter was beyond thrilled that he was having a guest!  Jessica was just excited to sleep in the most comfortable bed in our house, Carter's!  Carter on the other hand was going to sleep with her until he caught word that I had mentioned a pallet on the floor beside our bed.  He was all about sleeping in our room, even if it meant sleeping on the floor!

The next morning, we let Jess sleep and then bless her soul, she got a good taste of motherhood.  Not sure if I encouraged her or made her run in the complete opposite direction of the thought! :)  Just kidding, she'll be a wonderful mother one day.  Much more calm then her sister, and patience, well let's just say she has more then I do! 


When I think back to my days as a child, I think of the many arguments I had with my 'little' sister and how most days (as I'm sure all siblings did at some point), wished her away.  Luckily God didn't grant those requests of mine!!  My sister is one of my best friends.  I can confide in her, laugh with her, cry with her, and always know that she is praying for me and my family. There is nothing like having a sister, it's a relationship like none other.  She has such a sweet, humble, spirit about her.  She is an inspiration to me!  I enjoy each time that I spend time with her and our many laughs that only we would understand.    We enjoyed our visit with you Aunt Jessica!  We hope to see you again really soon!!  Your company was greatly appreciated and you were more help then you probably know.  Come back soon, you are always welcome on Cow Bird Lane!!! We, I LOVE YOU!!! 

Jen


No comments: