Friday, May 1, 2009

Slippin' & a slidin'...and a surprise!

The Easter bunny brought Carter a slip & slide for Easter, and today was the first day he was able to use it.  Our weather has been so wishy washy here lately but finally the heat is here to stay! :) It didn't take him long to realize he had to run and slide.  He played on his friend Delaney's slip & slide last year and after about his second or third run he yells, "Momma, this is like Delaney's!" The things kids remember amazes me.  

I knew the water had to be freezing, but he insisted that he was fine.  He was fine, but there did come a point he stopped and told me he needed his jacket!!  I said are you sure it's not too cold? No ma'am Momma... I'm not cold.  Hmmm, shivering and chill bumps but he wasn't cold.  He kept playing and then said, "thank you Momma, thank you for my slip & slide, I LOVE IT!"  I'm glad he loved it so much.  Watching him play made me think back to the days when we thought slip & slides were the greatest things ever!!!

I was just about ready to call him in, and Travis pulls in the driveway.  He made a big loop and backed up to the porch.....drum roll, please.... I GOT A NEW DRYER, woo hoo!!!  I wrote a few entries back about my LOVE for my current washer and dryer (((since the sarcasm))) and finally the dryer bit the dust.  I was sad to see the old girl go (((once again, more sarcasm))), but the new girl sparkles like a diamond and dries clothes quicker then I can gather the next load to wash.  IMPRESSIVE! ;)  Now, I'm waiting on pins and needles for the washer to croak! Out with the old, and in with the new!!!!!

Good Bye, old gal!!! :)
Hello my new LOVE!!

Who would have thought a dryer would make a girl so happy?! :)

1 comment:

Kari said...

How cute he remembered that!!!!
and yay for your new dryer. I'm afraid I'm nearing needing one but I don't want to fork over the money. ;)