Tuesday, May 11, 2010

FSU Class of 2010

BLOG
My dear sister has worked diligently towards getting her degree from Florida State College. On May 1, she walked across the stage and her goal was complete!
BLOG
BLOG
She flew into town a few days prior and when I say I had one excited five year old on my hands, that is a complete understatement.  Carter was on pins and needles awaiting her arrival.  We arrived at the airport about a hour early.  This extra time made the excitement within him fizzle a bit, but once she was here it was back full swing!  The night before he had made a sign for her that said, "Welcome home Aunt Jessica!" He was so proud of his sign. As she turned the corner to come towards us, she saw it and I could tell it melted her heart.
BLOG
That evening we had dinner at moms, and then Jessica spent the night at our house. The next morning, Carter gave Jessica an early wake up call, but it didn't help she kept sleeping!  We thoroughly enjoy having company, especially Aunt Jessica! Carter loves that she plays with him, and when Kyle is here he's even more excited!
BLOG
On Saturday morning (May 1), myself, mom, Jason, and Megan made our way to Tallahassee to see Jessica graduate. I am so proud of her. We were a little late getting there, and found ourselves in the nose bleed section of the auditorium but regardless we were gleaming just like every other family member in that place. Sitting there I couldn't help but think how far she has come, how hard she has worked, and the dedication she has put forward. She deserved this day as much as anyone else. I was glad to know that we were all there for her, and she knows that Jason, mom, and me all support her with all of our heart.
BLOG
BLOG
She stood to make her way to the stage and my heart began to race. It was like watching my own child walk across that stage. Our childhood ran through my memory, the trials we've faced and cried through flooded my mind, and the unconditional love we have for one another also crossed my mind. I was so proud!  Crying tears of joy for her as she completed this journey, she did it!  The pictures I took are all shaky because I was crying so hard. She has made us all very proud!
BLOG
BLOG
BLOG
On Sunday we had a surprise graduation party for her. She was surprised, and I was so glad. It makes me feel so good to know that I can make other people smile. Our family loves this sweet woman more then she will ever know!!!!!
BLOG
BLOG
BLOG
Dear sister, I love you more than words can say. I look up to you. You are such a hardworking, dedicated, compassionate, amazing person. God has great plans for you. As the card I bought for you says, you will shine!  God shines through you each and everyday and each day He uses you to show someone else love and joy. I pray that your life is full of joy, happiness, and success. May all your dreams come true, and any trials you face may you face them with the faith that God is with you and the promise that He will never forsake you.
BLOG
You are more then a sister and a friend. You are a supporter, a listener, a true inspiration to my life. You are a reminder that God holds each and every day in the palm of His hand.  Thank you for all your prayers, your words of encouragement and wisdom. I hope you always know how much I love you and appreciate you in my life. Starting a new chapter in your life is so exciting. Embrace it and remember.... no regrets! Congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment!!!       I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
BLOG
BLOG

No comments: