Friday, December 18, 2009

Sweet Sixteen

BLOG
Do you remember turning sixteen? I remember thinking it was the door of opportunity, the door of freedom, the door that would lead me to finding my prince charming, my door to be away from my parents. Oddly enough, it came, it went and not much changed. I still had rules, I still had to answer to my parents, and low and behold prince charming was not on the other side of that birthday. That magic day did however lead to me getting my drivers license which still wasn't as cool as it was cracked up to be. I couldn't go and come as I pleased, I may be that magical sixteen but I was still living in my parents house. Duh, what was I thinking?!
BLOG
Tonight I had the opportunity to photograph a sweet 16 birthday party. Our friend Jessica was turning that 'magical' age! There was hot pink, and zebra print everywhere! Sweet 16 candies, and more good food then you can think of. Jessica and her friends enjoyed the evening line dancing, laughing and just hanging out.
BLOG


BLOG
BLOG


Jess, hope your sweet 16 birthday was all you hoped it to be. May your new adventure be filled with fun memories, good times, great friends, and happiness. Happy Birthday!
BLOG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favorite memory from my "sweet sixteenth" was a "Sweet Sixteen" bouquet my father got me. I don't even know if these still exist, I guess one could ask for one custom made, but when I turned sixteen, (back in the day!), these were widely available. It was a bouquet of sixteen pink rosebuds with sugar cubes interspersed. Really lovely.

Aine
theevolvingspirit.blogspot.com