Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Carter turns SIX!

Six. Six fun, exciting, heart warming, blessed years. A giggle that is unmistakable, eyes that still sparkle as bright as they did when he was a baby. He has such a sweet spirit and always wants to please us. He loves playing in the dirt, singing at the top of his lungs, watching livestock auctions and Call of the Wild man-"WOO HOO, Live action!"
IMG_6896
I sound like my mom when I say, it seems like just yesterday that we were watching him learn to walk. I look at pictures over the past few months and all the baby-ness of his little face is disappearing. The chubby cheeks, the tiny hands and feet, all but a sweet memory in my mind now.
IMG_6900
Your first born always holds a sweet spot in your heart. They're the one that teaches you that you can love something on this earth more than life itself. If your not a mother yet, or a dad, you really don't understand what true love is about. He's made us proud from day one and continues to do so with each day that passes.
IMG_6919
I love his sweet hugs that come out of the middle of nowhere. I truly believe that his giggle will be what always makes me smile. He has such an amazing outlook on each day. As most kids do, he sees it as fun. Find the adventure, make the moment, enjoy. Again, I learn from him.
IMG_6804
For his birthday, we celebrated with family at the bowling alley. To say that he had fun is a complete and utter understatement. He thoroughly enjoyed himself. Of course, there was that giggle. He's a tad bit competitive but that's okay. He had a transformer birthday cake and ribs from Cross Creek. I do believe he received every transformer on the market.
IMG_6028
When I tuck my babies in bed on the night of their birthday, I can't help but be extra grateful for the sweet year the Lord has given us with this child. It is my prayer that God will continue to bless Carter's life. I pray that in all ways He will seek God first. May his life be filled with the joy, happiness, contentment and love that it is right now. I pray that he grows up to love God with all of him. It is my duty as a momma to teach him the love of Christ. Although I may fail from day to day, I pray that he will one day look back and remember that I taught him to love Jesus and honor Him.
IMG_6169
Carter-bug, I love you more than you will ever understand. I love your eagerness to learn. Your forgiving heart is so tender and sweet. You bring sunshine to our cloudy days and excitement to the boring ones. Your giggle is music to my ears. May your life be all you ever dream of. Make your dreams come true and don't settle for less than you deserve. If you dream it, chase it. Remember, always, that your momma is on your side and cheering you on each step of the way. Love Jesus, love others, and share your joy with everyone. Sweet blessings and all my love to you!  xoxo-Momma.
IMG_4139

No comments: