Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Eucharisteo... thankful.

IMG_3902
I must admit, I've been absolutely horrible lately when it comes to blogging. Life just seems to get so busy that finding the time to sit down here and jot about our life takes a back burner. Summer has come and gone. Fall came and went. School started back and we found ourselves with a big first grader. Carter is doing great and loving every minute of it. The holidays crept up on us quick! The year just flew by. I'm going to do my very best to catch up.
IMG_3807
IMG_4724
IMG_6610
Our summer was slammed full... of nothing. We didn't do a lot but we seemed to stay busy. How exactly does that happen? The boys spent the days playing on the water-slide, or in side playing with whatever the toy of the day was. A lot of the days were spent indoors trying to keep cool. Our Summer was very hot. We did spend a couple days at the beach with family. The boys enjoyed the water-park, the walks on the beach and the many hours spent in the pool. I do believe they are real boys and not fish... sometimes.  I must admit though I really tried to just slow down and enjoy them being little. They're changing with each passing day. It's like watching a movie and you want to rewind to watch your favorite part again, but I don't have that option.
IMG_6050
IMG_6025
Carter, is Carter. Full of life, spunk, excitement, and fun. He's always up for an adventure. He's a giggle waiting to happen. He's eyes that sparkle even when he's sad. He has a heart that is so tender. His arms squeeze me tight and without saying a word his eyes say, I love you. He's curious about growing up, and as much as I want him to be frozen in this moment, I know that God has great plans ahead for him. For this sweet child, I'm so very thankful.
IMG_6803
Our big boy turned six on August 19. Wow. Six, really? I'd be lying if I said to you that as each year passes my heart is saddened some. I watch him going from a little boy, playing with matchbox cars to a big boy wanting to join new clubs at school and reading books... all by his self. Not a day goes by that I don't stand back and watch him and thank God for placing him in my life. As Summer grew to a close and school was on the horizon, the excitement to see his friends grew. Oh how that is a fond memory of my childhood, as well. Just like his momma always did, he walked into that first grade classroom with no hesitations. A smile on his face (that you couldn't wipe away), shoulders back and ready to get the show on the road. I'm so grateful for his independence, his self esteem and the sweet spirit he has about him. I pray that as the school year continues on, that he'll face each day with that smile! One day after school when I picked him up from the bus stop he looked at me and said, "Momma, I got a yellow... I'm so sorry." A yellow means he didn't obey and his name was turned. That night as I tucked him in bed he told me that he wasn't a good kid because he got a yellow. I begged to differ. He is a good kid. I encouraged him and told him that we all have good days and bad days. He just had an off day and that he needed to pray and ask God to help him to be a better listener and to help him obey his teacher. As I walked out of the room I could hear his whisper from the top bunk, "please God help me to get a green tomorrow." The simplest of prayers, but God still hears them. I closed that door and just smiled. My heart was blessed knowing that he's learning to seek God. The next day as he got in the truck he said, "MOMMA! I prayed last night and I got a green!"
IMG_6730
Tucker's been keeping me on my toes. He wasn't pleased with Carter starting back to school. The mornings have been a bit different with just me and him. He's growing so fast, too. He's talking up a storm and full of life. He's curious about everything, and I do mean everything.
IMG_0190
His little hands, always up to something. He is lost while Carter is at school. Not really sure what to do, what to play, or even what shows to watch. Usually around 1:00 he will start asking for Carter. When I say, "let's go get Bubba!" You'd think it was Christmas morning. His eyes light up and he runs out the door to the truck. He'd always rather be outside than inside, even if it's raining. I love watching him run through the yard and the sun makes it sparkle with the prettiest golden, red hue.  I'm loving his hair right now. It's crazy, out of control. We have to soak it down each morning before taking Carter to school. We attempted to potty train in the past few weeks, he's just not ready. How do I know, you might ask... because he thinks the pantry is the greatest place to "make water". So... we'll wait a little longer to press the issue.  He now counts to fifteen, sings his ABCS's and to hear him sing "twinkle, twinkle little star..." melts my heart each and every time. He asks for it each night when it's bedtime. He's becoming more independent each month. He wants so badly to do what Carter does. He is still Travis' little shadow. He loves riding the pastures with Trav in the new work truck. He stands up in the seat so tall and thinks he's so grown. For his shyness, sparkling blue eyes, and sweet kisses, I'm thankful.
IMG_6762
How is it even after the most hectic of days I can put these two precious little ones to bed and still find myself in awe of them? They fill my heart full of happiness by the joys they bring to my life. So many times I find myself just rubbing their heads as they drift off to sleep and all I can think is, "thank you, Lord." That's not even nearly enough to say, for they truly are the sweetest and most precious joys of my life. They remind me daily that we only get once chance at this. One chance to smile, laugh, enjoy, take it all in. One chance to watch them giggle until their breathless. One chance to take in the sweet sounds of their voices chatting away in the backseat. Yet again, I find myself thankful.
IMG_6797
I recently read a book called, "One Thousand Gifts" and it has been a complete reminder to me that this is it. In each moment that God allows me to breathe, there is beauty. There is joy, a blessing to be bestowed upon me. God has allowed the author of this book to remind me to be thankful. How often do I allow countless moments of my day to go by without giving thanks, Eucharisteo.  Oh how I long to be thankful for every aspect of my life. The joyful, happy times, and even the gloomy, dark times. Please dear Lord, open my eyes that I may see you in each moment. May my children watch and learn from me that true joy, a fulfilled life comes from a relationship with Christ. May they learn by actions to be thankful for everything in this tiny piece of the world we live in.
IMG_4092
Will you take time out today to seek the Eucharisteo in your life? It's all around us. Every moment of every day there is something to be thankful for. I highly suggest the book, One Thousand Gifts. If you're interested in reading it, click the link below and order yours today!  
IMG_6745


No comments: