Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm the mom and I said so!

I often catch myself repeating phrases to my three year old that I swore as a kid I would NEVER repeat!! You know, "clean your room or your going to time out (well for us it was grounded)", "eat your vegetables if it kills you... EAT THEM!", "don't get that outfit dirty!" Yep, each of these phrases has already exited my mouth upon numerous occasions.

Well tonight, I check my email and I have this forward call the Mom song. H.I.L.A.R.I.O.U.S, yet oh so true. As a mother now, I understand all the reasons why mom wanted me to stay clean, keep my room clean, make good grades, eat my vegetables, take my vitamins, be polite, use manners. As a kid though, that stuff is a waste of play time what on earth are mothers thinking?! Today was a good example of "keep clean Carter!" He was outside with Travis, in a good pair of jeans (don't even ask why did I have him in good jeans if I didn't want them dirty... the answer... his daddy was supposed to watch him!:)) and when I looked, they were covered in that lovely pitch black dirt from our yard. I fussed and told him to stay out of the dirt. To any of you that may read this, don't bother telling a three year old BOY to stay out of the dirt. You might as well say, "Son, there's a big pile of dirt out there I want you to go get as filthy as you possibly can!" Why, you ask.... because that is exactly what he is going to do regardless of your wishes. And to think, I have a second boy on the way. Things are bound to get interesting around here!!! :)

Anywho, back to the song. It is absolutely true, and hilarious because the music it is set to and the manner in which the lady sings it is pretty much how any mom feels on a given day. There's a link below, enjoy and if your a mom.... laugh with me, because we've all been there! :)

Here's to the days where are kids stay clean, eat their veggies without fussing, and say please and thank you! **wink, wink!**

Jen



The Mom Song from Northland Video on Vimeo.

1 comment: