Friday, December 5, 2008

~This is Home~

Any of you that know me, probably know I'm not a morning person. I would rather stay up until 3:00 in the morning then have to get up early. I'm not sure if it's my body preparing me for my near future with baby Tucker or what, but lately it doesn't matter if I go to bed at midnight, I'm up no later then 7:10! Trust me, it shocks the heck out of me too!!!! There was a reason this morning though. I didn't know it yet, but would soon realize.

This morning was no different. I woke up to Travis' alarm clock, tried to snuggle myself tightly under the covers in hopes that I could go back to sleep. No luck. I laid there, tossed & turned, and my mind just kept saying, "just get up and start your day!" So, I followed those suggestions. As I walked through the kitchen to go to Carter's room to check on him, I stopped and just stared out the window. Luckily, I wasn't staring at anything the dogs had destroyed throughout the night, I was stopped by the amazing peaceful sight outside the windows.


Some of my dear friends, Renee :), will probably laugh at me for what I did next. I grabbed my camera, slid on my flip flops and out the door I went! I had to get this picture, just had too! Now here's a picture for you... me, in my pajamas, just minutes out of bed, camera in hand, dogs nipping at my heels and me tip toeing towards the fence in hopes that the cows don't spook and run off. Luckily, the gals stayed right where they were. They gave a few puffs to the dogs, but didn't mind me. They've come to learn I'm just as nosey about them as they are about me. I'm sure they think the camera is a part of my face! :) I snapped away.

As I snapped, they mooed. The babies were running and jumping. At one point I just stopped and looked around. As the sun was barely peaking over the trees I was yet again reminded of God's amazingness (is that a word?). That moment, as I stood there, it was so peaceful and calm. There is a Christian song by MercyMe titled, "Word of God Speak" I couldn't help but think how often we let our days start in such a hurry and we forget to say good morning to God and let Him & His word speak to our hearts. Today was a good reminder to me that I need to 'hear' God more often. This morning, as the sun peaked and the fog began to clear, God woke me up for a reason. I needed to be reminded of God's love, grace, and mercy.

The old saying, "everything happens for a reason", I'm beginning to understand more and more that it's not by chance but God's plan. This was my day to remember Psalms 118:24 "This is the day that the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." I have so much to be thankful for, so therefore I thank God and I am glad! :) I thought to myself as I walked back to the house, this is home! I'm so peaceful and content here, cows and all!

I figured by this point Carter would be up for sure. As I peaked in his room, he was still snug as a bug. Again, I found myself being thankful for my day. I've added a slideshow of the morning, enjoy & remember... "this is the day that the Lord hath made!"

Love,
Jen

Click to play This is the Day
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

No comments: