Monday, January 5, 2009

Just breathe.....

As the weeks until Tucker arrives being to dwindle it becomes very clear to me, he will be here sooner then I am probably ready for. Those who have been pregnant before know what I'm talking about. I'm starting to think of the ten million things I have to do, things I have to organize, things we need to buy, how things will change, and then there is that "nesting" stuff. Oh my heavens, I feel like I can't get this house clean enough. I've been mopping, sweeping, rearranging, you name it. Then, by 3:00 each day, my body says, "hey... goof ball, take a break you are carrying a human in side here!" That other little thought of pregnancy becomes very vivid.... the aches & pains.

I was talking with a friend about being pregnant for the second time, and we both agreed this time around is a littler harder on the 'ole body! :) My hips feel like I'm 90, my back feels like it's been broke a million times, and my poor lungs, they are screaming for their own personal space back!!!! I huff and puff, constantly. If you didn't know me, or know that I was pregnant you'd probably label me as a lifetime smoker, LOL!!!

Last night I had one of those lovely pregnancy dreams that leaves you thinking, 'oh heaven, what if that really happens.' I dreamed that Tucker arrived two weeks early. I had nothing ready, no one lined up to watch Carter, the bag wasn't packed, I didn't have him that perfect coming home outfit, nor was anything else that was supposed to be ready, ready. When I opened my eyes this morning, I just thought to myself, please Lord, don't let it go that way!!! :)

I suppose it is just my nerves setting in. As of this Wednesday we officially only have 9 weeks until this little blessing should be filling our lives with more joy!! Huh... did you read that correctly, 9 weeks people, only 9 weeks!!! Pardon me while I go freak out a bit more!!! :)

Have a great day, I'm off to find something else to clean or fret over.

Toodles!
Love, Jen

2 comments:

The Reinolds said...

you are definitely on the last stretch!! these 9 weeks will fly by. :)

The Clark Family said...

Wow I can't believe you only have 9weeks left. It will go by so fast! I pray everything goes well for you all. Enjoy these last weeks with just one child.. :)