Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tic toc, tic toc.....

The clock is slowly ticking, and the moment will be here!!  Tucker will be here tomorrow, how crazy is that?  Our journey has come to it's arrival and well it's now or never! :)  I have an appointment this morning with my doctor to see if there is any more progress, who knows she may just say head on over to the hospital, you're having a baby today!!  

Last night, there were contractions & other small signs of early labor.   I'm still having those lovely little twinges/cramps this morning so I'm really quite unsure of how my day today is going to go.  Last night was also very full of emotion for me.  As I felt the contractions every 15-20 minutes I wondered what on earth had I gotten myself into?  I didn't feel these with Carter, everything was planned I was at the hospital when "labor" began.  I can't lie to you.  As I laid there and my stomach tightened sheer panic and fear begin to set in.  I was doing my best to not let my feelings over take me, but we all know I'm a big mush pot... they did!!  Travis & Carter did their very best to assure me that I would be okay.  Carter said (in his ever so sweet loving little child voice), "momma, don't be scared, it's gonna be alright!"  Of course that just made me cry harder.  :)  He would rub my arm, and then reach his little head over to hug me and I would melt.  

I finally got myself together, and tried to not think about the cramping.  Then my mom called.  She's so excited as are all the other friends and family that are patiently awaiting this little ones arrival.  She had asked on Sunday if I wanted her to come over to make Tucker's curtains for his room, which we have so conveniently put off to the VERY last minute.  With us being so sick lately, I told her not to worry we'd get them done after he arrives.  So last night she says, "I was going to come anyways, but I decided since it's your last few nights as just the three of ya'll, I figured I'd let ya'll enjoy the evening alone."  Okay, so where did that send this emotional train wreck momma???  Back into tears.  Bless her heart, she felt bad.  No need for her too, I'm just emotional, overwhelmed, anxious, and ready.  It's just funny to me how a mother knows exactly what her children are thinking without even talking to them.  Once again, goes to show just how amazing our God is.  

So, I finally got myself calmed down again.  Carter reassuring me the whole time I wiped my tears that I'd be okay.  I then walked my little man to his bed and we laid down to chat.  He sang, "Skip to my lou" to me several times, told me about his glowing moose on his pj's, and then he started to lay still.  I knew he was almost out, then all of a sudden his little chubby hand reaches out from under the cover, finds my hand, pats it and says, "momma, you my best pal.  I love you!"  Amazingly, I didn't cry.  I just wrapped my arm around him, told him I loved him very much and immediately started to pray and thank God for my life.  It's so precious to me how God can use a little child at the tender age of three to bring such peace, and contentment to people.  He uses my three year old all the time! :)

My little one fell asleep, and I reached over kissed him good night.  This morning, my achy self found my way to the couch around 5:00, restless.  Not sure why I couldn't sleep, I just couldn't.  But finally sometime before the sun decided to rise, I fell back asleep and then around 7:00 I heard the pitter patter of little feet coming through the kitchen.  I opened my eyes, looked up and there stood the little smiling face that has greeted me every morning for the past three years!!  His response, "momma, what are you doing on the couch?  Let's watch a movie!"  I just smiled.  He climbed under my blanket, we turned on the t.v. to watch his morning show, Curious George and I hugged him tightly.  As we laid there, I thought of how next week my arms will be extra full with hugs, and I'm sure we'll have Tucker loving Curious George within no time.  :)

So whether our little Tucker comes today sometime, or on schedule starting tomorrow morning at 7:00, our family will be four within a matter of just a few short hours!!!!!  Praying that God watches over us both as we get ready for "show time". I ask that all of you that follow my blog, please keep us in your prayers.  I will do my best to update as soon as anything exciting happens, and I'm hoping to have internet access from the hospital as well to keep you updated through the day.  We look forward to you all meeting our newest addition!  Until next time...

Jen

5 comments:

Mrs. Bell said...

Good Luck My Dear,, You will do great!! I am praying for you, and cant wait to meet Mr. Tucker!!!

Luv ya!

Kati Alison said...

YOU ARE AMAZING GIRL!!! Every time I read your blog..I go ahead and get a tissue..lol!! I can't wait for you to have little Tucker William. Carter is so precious too..the way he is so compassionate and loving!! Love ya girl!! We will see you tomorrow!! Best wishes with your labor and always praying...."Katibug"

Creative Captures Photoart said...

So exciting! I will keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Can't wait to see pics. of the little guy. <3

Kari said...

The roller coaster has only reached the halfway point.

Your going to do wonderful. Enjoy your afternoon and as hard as it may be try to sleep tonight. A tylenol pm may not be a bad idea.. :) I wish I would have!

I've been praying for you on and off all day and will continue to do so. see you in the morning. xo

Chris Reinolds said...

I'll be praying for you today and especially during the delivery tomorrow. You are going to do so good!! And, he's going to be very handsome!