Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Thank you Jesus..."

Changes, something that I've come to realize is impossible to live without.  I've mentioned here on numerous occasions how I was so worried about the change we were going to face becoming four.  I've also mentioned how the change really hasn't been that drastic, everything has just become the norm just with one more person.

One thing that has changed that pulls at my heart a little is bedtime.  Granted I'm usually feeding Tucker when it comes time for big brother to go to bed, I still offer to take Carter to bed but he assures me that his Dad can do it.  I don't doubt that, it's just hard stopping something that I've done so consistently for the past three years.  One thing he makes sure of though is that he lets me and little brother know that he loves us and to have sweet dreams.  

Thursday night they headed off down the hall to bed.  A few minutes later, I followed to the room where the computer is.  As I sat here typing I could hear them still talking.  I walked to the door and placed my ear as close as possible to hear what they were saying.  Prayers.  Now let me just tell you, if you've never heard a child talking to God... WHOA!  What a precious, sweet sound.  Instant favorite memory, I must say! :)  To hear my little boy talking to God and thanking Him for the things that he is thankful for is a pure joy and makes this momma proud.  

This is what I heard, "Thank you Jesus for my Momma, my Dad, Tater, Cowboy, for my night night, thank you for my house, thank you for my closet, okay dad now it's your turn!"  I then listened as Travis thanked God for our family, and then as they were finished Carter says, "in Jesus name, AMEN!"  Seriously, to hear him praying truly blesses my heart more then I could ever explain.  

When I walked away from the door, I myself took a minute to stop and thank God for the little things that I take for granted.  I may not be putting my little one to bed these days but he is bonding more and more with his Dad and what more could a mother ask for?

Thank you Jesus!

Jen

2 comments:

Kati Alison said...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!! WHAT A BIG BLESSING YOU HAVE IN SUCH A LITTLE GUY...MAKES ME THINK OF THAT SONG..."THERE'S A LOT OF MAN IN THAT LITTLE BOY"...WITH YOU TWO AS PARENTS, HE IS SURE TO MAKE SOMEONE A WONDERFUL HUSBAND ONE DAY!! I KNOW THAT IS A LONGGGG WAY OFF..BUT HOW AMAZING IS THAT?? GIVE YOURSELVES A PAT ON THE BACK CAUSE THAT IN ITSELF, SAYS SO MUCH JEN! I KNOW IT IS HARD FOR YOU TO STEP BACK SOME..BUT CARTER HAS AN UNDERSTANDING IT SOUNDS LIKE..GOD BLESS YOU! LOVE..KATIBUG

Laura said...

How very cute!! You are right, these things are instant memories!