Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sprouting up....




The farmers in my life, Travis & Carter, are very proud of the little sprouts that are popping up in our yard.  Carter was so excited when we checked after several days of continuous rain to find that his watermelon seeds were popping up through the soil!!  He said, "look momma!  My watermelon grew, can I pick it?"  Seriously, how stinkin' cute is that??? Each day since then, he's asked about his watermelon.  He doesn't really seem to care one way or another about the corn that is up to his knees now!  It's also really cute to watch him run to his bedroom window or ours to peep through at his garden.  I can't wait to see him when it comes time to do some pickin'!!



Carter was walking down the corn row, when I told him to stop and make sure there weren't any bugs on the leaves.  Well, I didn't mean for him to yank the poor corn stalk out of the ground!! He brought it to me to assure me there weren't any bugs, and the we decided we'd put it back in the ground to see if it would grow.  Probably won't, but we can hope right?  :)




He also gave me a pretty little purple flower this afternoon.  What a sweet boy!!

Grow garden grow....

Jen

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Speaking of 'Sprouting up...' Carter is growing up so fast! What a sweet child. He blesses my heart and I always am amazed at how smart he is to be so young :) Love ya'll and miss you.

P.S. your 'tracker' thing on the side makes me look like a stalker! :O lol