Wednesday, January 5, 2011

4/365

Day 4....
IMG_7880

Eyes of ice blue, a face that tells a story, and a body that's carrying 86 years of life.  This is my dear grandfather who is the greatest man I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.  Perfect, no.  Spunky, yes.  I have so many dear memories with this sweet man. It saddens me to know that he's getting older, his body more frail but I trust God's plan and know that each time I'm with him is a blessing.  Papa fell on New Years day and bruised his face and twisted his knee. The family doc came by and informed us that he is certain Papa had a mini stroke. This news is hard to hear, difficult to cope with, but I am just grateful that he's still here with us.  I'll cherish every time I get to talk to him, each time I get to kiss his head as I leave, watch him smile and light up as my boys walk in the room.  I'll cherish the way he smirks, the way he winks when he knows he's pushing Granny's buttons.  I will never be able to thank him for the countless things he's done for me, my brother and sister, and my mom.

I love you Big Papa!!  xoxo

No comments: