Sunday, January 9, 2011

9/365

Day 9...
9/365
It's been a noisy past couple of days here.  Travis has been pulling yearlings from their mothers and today was the day to finish that up. Our little cowboy in training was not going to be left behind. He made sure he was up by sunrise, ate his pancakes and bacon, and was out the door when Travis and Thomas started to work.  He thinks he's every bit of 16 or 17 years old but if I try to remind him he's only 5 I get quite the stare down and he tells me, "I can do this momma!" I watched from the outside of the corral as he walked down the lane with his arms held high yelling, "hey cow, hey cow!" Oddly  enough that's all those little babies needed to go in the opposite direction. He wasn't alone, Thomas was near by him. Thomas told me, "he worries me a little bit!" My response was the exact same words.  It frightens me a little to watch him with these creatures that are anywhere from 300-1200 pounds but he loves it. It's something he'll probably do his entire life. If he learns the proper way to do it now, prayerfully we'll avoid any accidents! ;)  I said, prayerfully!

No comments: