Monday, July 13, 2009

"Ain't"

I received this as an email today, and thought I'd share it.


 AIN'T
  
He was just a little boy, 
On a week's first day. 
Wandering home from Bible school, 
And dawdling on the way. 
  
He scuffed his shoes into the grass; 
He even found a caterpillar. 
He found a fluffy milkweed pod, 
And blew out all the 'filler.' 
  
A bird's nest in a tree overhead, 
So wisely placed up so high. 
Was just another wonder, 
That caught his eager eye. 
  
A neighbor watched his zig zag course, 
And hailed him from the lawn; 
Asked him where he'd been that day 
And what was going on. 
  
'I've been to Bible School ,' 
He said and turned a piece of sod. 
He picked up a wiggly worm replying, 
'I've learned a lot about God.' 
  
'M'm very fine way,' the neighbor said, 
'for a boy to spend his time.' 
'If you'll tell me where God is, 
I'll give you a brand new dime.' 
  
Quick as a flash the answer came! 
Nor were his accents faint. 
'I'll give you a dollar, Mister,
If you can tell me where God ain't.'

No comments: