Thursday, March 4, 2010

Happy FIRST Birthday Tucker Bear!

Click here to read last years post.... March 4, 2009

It's hard to fathom that this time a year ago I was still pregnant. There were still just a few short hours before I would meet you. All this week I've replayed this day in my head. I've asked myself where the time went, how did I let it go so fast? I promise it feels like I feel asleep with a newborn beside me and woke up to find you already turning one.
BLOG
One year ago today my heart experienced something I wasn't sure was possible. I learned that I could love more then I already loved. I could be in awe of such a tiny little person, again. It amazes me that you are here, you are mine, and how much you've grown. The morning was cold, emotions were running wild (for me anyways), and you would be here sooner then I expected. I remember the day as vividly as I remember yesterday. It was the day I had waited nine months for. Family and friends filled the room and their company kept me calmer then they know.
BLOG

l_6bb9a256442f4f86aeefbd537fe0236f
12:24 p.m., just five hours and twenty-four minutes after arriving at the hospital I held you for the first time. I cried because once again God had blessed me with the greatest blessing a mother can have, a newborn child. You were as cute as I had dreamed, and just as precious as could be. Perfect in every way, ten fingers, ten toes, and healthy. 
Smiles to you :)

Sweet lips
I instantly fell in love. I was proud, I was honored. I had that instant motherly connection, and couldn't wait to hold you again! I watched as our friends and family met you for the first time. They were so excited. Everyone was guessing who you looked like and it was obvious, it was your Daddy.
Just the boys

Me & my boys


Rollie Pollie
Big Brother, Carter, was on cloud nine. His baby Tucker was here. He immediately stepped into his role as big brother and has been doing an amazing job every since. He shares with you, he watches out for you, and he protects you.
BLOG
You weighed a small 7 pounds, 12 ounces. Your little round head was covered in red fuzz! You had cheeks of a chipmunk, and the longest slender feet I had ever seen! Those aren't the feet you have now, that's for sure!
?Twins?


Me & Tucker


Chillin'



The year has flown by me. I look at you here a year later and I wish I could turn back the hands of time. I really do feel like I just brought you home a few short weeks ago. You've changed our family for the good. We are more complete, and share more happiness with you here. You are my thinker. You take everything in and some days you give me a run for my money. You have a quiet, not so sure about this world personality.
Tucker's first friend


BLOG


Hungry boy


Blog
I know the year that lies ahead of us will be full of adventure. You're already on the go, there's no stopping you.
Sleepy baby


Blog


Blog


BLOG
I love to hear you babble, I love to watch you dance. When you wrap your pudgy little hand around my finger, my heart melts. You make each day exciting, and each night as I put you to bed I thank God for how perfect you are and how much joy you bring to our lives. Most importantly, you love me regardless of my bad days and always flash me that toothy smile when I need it most.
Fernandina Blog


IMG_0829


BLOG
Your smile will warm many hearts, your giggle will be contagious. Those sparkling blue eyes melt me when you look my way and give me that crooked little smile, just like your Dad.  
BLOG


BLOG


BLOG
Milestones & things you love:
Current weight 24 pounds, go big guy!!
You have 11 teeth, and your 12th will be cutting through any day!
Your not a fan of juice or sweet tea, but you love strawberry soda and of course milk
BLOG
Walking (01/10/2010)
Says Da-Da
Sleeps through the night
BLOG
Loves to swing
Loves to dance
Loves to eat...anything!
Love, Love, LOVES bath time, or playing with the shower curtain
BLOG


BLOG
Says Bubba
Climbs everything you possibly can
Not a fan of the sippy cup in any way, shape, or form
Blog


BLOG
Enjoys playing in your crib
Giggles when you chase the cats, or Carter
Managed to play in the fireplace coals
BLOG
Says Nana and Momma all day long
Loves your ABC Learning Bear
Your blanket is a must have to go to sleep
BLOG


BLOG


BLOG




Playing outside
Riding the 4-wheeler
Cows 
BLOG

Tucker-Bear, I love you. I need you, and God knows that. You remind me that what I'm doing is the most important job of all. Your sunshine smile brightens my day each morning when you wake up. Your giggle makes me giggle, and the little happy dance you do is one I'll never forget. You are a blessing to our family, a joy to my soul! I am so grateful to have you in my life and I can't believe that today you are turning one! It is my prayer that God watches over you, keeps you safe and well! Always know how much I love you!!Happy Birthday my little man. Love you always... Momma. 
BLOG


BLOG

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Has it really been a year alerady? It seems like just yesterday we were @ the lake and nobody knew you were expecting yet but I told Michael I though there was something going on (He knew, but Travis made him promise not to tell).. I remembering seeing that little cowboy outfit and just having to get it for him and he wasnt even here!! I can't beleive he's 1 already!!

Happy Birthday Tucker!

Lindsey said...

Ok Im crying over here...Happy Birthday Bear! You are one lucky little guy...Love all the pictures of him! <3

The Reinolds said...

oh.. sweet, handsome little Tucker! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!! Be nice to your mama. She worked hard for you.. without a whole epidural. :)

Sebrina said...

so sweet..time goes by so fast..hold them close as long as they will let you..Happy Birthday Bear!! love your mom's stories about you..

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh he is just a doll! This is the first time I been to your blog I believe. I know you are a follower of mine. Hope you have a GREAT day!!! love the blog look by the way so GREAT!!!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous pics!

Welcome to SITS! It's great to have you in the SITStahood!

Susie said...

What a beautiful pictorial tribute to your precious son! I hope he had a GREAT birthday:-)

Welcome to SIT's! I am glad that you have joined the party:-)

Rachel Cotterill said...

Aww, that's such a sweet post. Happy 1st birthday!!

Visiting to welcome you to SITS :)

Queenie Jeannie said...

Oh wow! What an incredible tribute with simply gorgeous photos!!! You are truly blessed!

Welcome to SITS!
Jeannie

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

Those are some of the sweetest pictures I've ever seen; his newborn picture with that smushy face; him in that big coffee cup (I have the same one, and NEVER would have thought of it!); BEAUTIFUL!

I also loved what you wrote about being able to love someone that much... again. DH & I are struggling with the decision to expand our family, and he's afraid he can't love anyone as much as our daughter. I should make him read your post!

I see you're new to SITS; welcome to the group! Let me know if you have any questions about how it works!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Donnetta said...

GORGEOUS pictures! And what a wonderful tribute to a first precious year!

Stopping by from SITS to welcome you to the fold!

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Thank you for sharing all those fabulous pictures of your son's first year. I especially love the last one of his little foot prints on his daddy's t-shirt.

Stopping by from SITS. Welcome!!

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Anonymous said...

Love the pics...Especially the messy ones those are just so true to how they look that first year.

Welcome to SITS
Much Luv,
Karen

Mimi said...

What a fantastic post. I still feel like my boys were just born & they will be 18 & 15 this year!

I'm just stopping in from SITS to say hello & welcome!

Unknown said...

Isn't it ridiculous how quickly they grow up? I can hardly stand it! He's such a cutie and you're quite the photographer!

Stopping by to welcome you to SITS!

Aimee said...

Beautiful pics!!! What a beautiful family! Looking forward to reading more from you.

Stopping by from SITS!

-Aimee
www.aintyomamasblog.com

Jamie said...

Happy first birthday!!

I just did a similar post on my blog for my youngest son who turned one on March 9th. Man, I love my boys!! (I love my girls, too...)

Definitely following now!