Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cake, check. Party supplies, check. Mom okay... uncheck.

It's birthday week around these parts. Who, you ask? Tucker's first birthday! I've been singing Happy Birthday to him every morning since Monday. He just looks at me like I'm nuts, and then smiles. He's caught on to how the rest of the family sees me, LOL!!

I'm busy, I'm running like a chicken with my head cut off. You know all the little things you have to have in order before you have sixty guests enter your home. I one of those people that things I have to clean from top to bottom or someone will 'talk' about me. The floors still need to be mopped, bathrooms need to be cleaned, and I have plants that are still awaiting their place on our front porch. Travis tells me each evening, "I'll get them tomorrow"Hmm, we'll see. I bet they get hung Saturday morning at 10:00. The party is at 11:00!

We're doing a farm themed birthday party, pretty fitting huh?  Tucker, has no idea what's going on. Carter is upset that the week is not all about him. He keeps asking if he will get presents, and if his friends are coming to the party.  No, and yes... your friends are the only friends your brother has for now! ;)

I'm in a bit of shock that my little Bear is turning one tomorrow.  I think I have as many emotions about him turning one as I did the morning I went to the hospital to have him.  I'm so grateful for this sweet child. I know God has great plans for him, and I can't wait to watch him grow this coming year.

Now, you all have a job. You have to pray that I don't spend the majority of tomorrow crying. I don't know why I'm so emotional, it's weird. Hmm, who knows.  Hormones, they're a lovely thing!

Hope you are all having a wonderful week!

2 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

Congrats on your ONE year old!!! Enjoy the party! :)

Lindsey said...

Oh I cried...the whole week before! I couldnt really cry too much the day of I was too stressed! I cant belive the little Bear is turning one...everything thing will be fine..Cant wait for the party!:)