Saturday, October 11, 2008

With this ring...

I thee wed! Could it really have been five years ago that we spoke those words? Where does time go? As I think back, I can't begin to realize how or where the time has gone. Travis and I have been together this month for eleven years. Today, we've been married for five years, WHOA!

I married a wonderful, caring, supportive, funny, loving, intelligent, hard working man. He is far different then I am, but I guess that is what makes us tick. He's quiet, I'm a little loud. He's a thinker, I'm a "carpe diem" kind of gal. He's the "financial planner" where I think, hey if we die tomorrow at least I spent my money how I wanted too. Is that a good trait for me, ummm, probably not but hey it's true. Travis loves me unconditionally through each and everyone of my faults. He never complains or fusses, and most of the time just bends with the wind.

I think God for this man that He blessed me with. Sure, we don't have the "perfect" marriage but who really does? We argue like the average couple but over little things that really don't amount to a hill of beans. God knew that I would need a man of Travis' demeanor and spirit to live with me! :) I always dreamed growing up of the perfect stay at home mom, country life, and I can honestly say that God has blessed me with all I ever dreamed of. As I got older, I started to think of the kind of father I'd want for my children, Travis fit that bill. As a father, he is amazing. He loves Carter more then life itself and strives each and every day to give him all he ever dreams of. In return, Carter (at the age of 3) adores the ground his Daddy walks on. He looks up to him and even though Carter doesn't realize it, he tries to be so much like his Daddy. If our son grows up to be the man his father is, some lady will be very lucky to have him!

Marriage is no easy street, both people have to be willing to work, compromise, give in, say I'm sorry, and admit when they are wrong. I am so grateful that thus far the first five years of our marriage have been fairly easy. I know God has great things in store for us and I can't wait to see what the many years ahead might bring.



Travis, if you ever happen to stumble across this blog (that I don't believe you have any idea about at this time), I want you to know that I love you dearly and truly do thank God for you each and every day. I pray God's blessings on you and I pray that He will continue to be a part of our marriage and that He will bless us with many more happy years together. I thank you for being such a wonderful husband, a friend I can always count on, and the one who can make me laugh on the days when I feel like throwing in the towel. You are my rock and I don't tell you often enough how very much I appreciate your hard work and love that you provide to this family. I love you with all my heart! Forever & Always.... Jennifer

Five years ago, I married my best friend and as the blog says, it will forever be a day I'll remember!

....Jen....

No comments: