Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Colds, chilly weather, and hunting

It's that time of year again. There's a chill in the air, pumpkins are out, and it just feels more like Fall. Anyone that has ever been in Florida for Fall or Winter knows that we really don't truly understand the meaning of cold. I beg to differ because as I am this morning.... I'm freezing my watoosie off! This time of year seems to put a little pep in your step and a smile on your face. It excites me because it starts the holiday months off! Nothing like starting them with cooler temps rather then high 80's in October.

My little cowboy, Carter, has been battling a runny nose since the end of last week. I figured it was just your normal Fall cold and it would pass. Well the poor little guy seems to be getting worse so we are headed to the doctor this morning. Of course, as any child does, he hates to go to the doctor. I told him that if we don't go and get him some medicine that he won't be well enough to wear his Woody costume for Halloween this Friday. That's all it took to change the mind of a three year old that the doctor is not such a bad guy after all! :) He's bound and determined that he'll be wearing his costume this weekend!

This cold, well maybe I should say cooler, weather is already to cold for this warm weather lover. I'm not a fan of these temps, at all! I mean it's 9:30 in the morning and it's only 44 degrees outside. Ooh, makes me just want to stay inside with a blanket and hot chocolate. My dear husband on the other hand, he is in his "dream" world right now! The chill in the air sparks his favorite time of year. Sitting in a tree stand, waiting for the big buck and freezing his fanny off in the mean time. Will I ever understand this? Probably not. I can't seem to make him understand that shopping is a much more fun experience, LOL! He has his joys, I have mine. He thinks I don't want to hunt with him because I just don't like it. Nah, it's not that I don't like the thought of hunting but umm, hello... it's cold, there are mosquitos and most of all, I HAVE TO BE QUIET. That in itself is next to impossible. Put me in a confined area for about 3.5-4 hours and expect me not to wiggle, squirm or want to talk about something, are you kidding me?!! I'm telling you the two of us couldn't be more different, but for some reason we seem to tick.

So, enjoy this lovely weather, stay warm, and keep your little ones bundled so you aren't fighting a cold like I am. Nothing like having a sick toddler, they are so pitiful and as a mother I'm sure we all feel so helpless.

Happy Fall to all!

God Bless!

Jen ****Yes, this blog today is pretty pointless, but oh well! :)****



...UPDATE ON C...
The doctor said it's just a cold, that we caught before it turned into a sinus infection. He said to let it run its course but if C gets worse to fill the RX for the antibiotic he gave us. Prayerfully, we won't be needing that.

No comments: