Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How about a Tucker Tuesday?!






So are you wondering about that adorable little chunky guy we call Tucker Bear?  He's doing just fine.  He is a busy little guy.  His six month birthday is just over a week away, and already he's blowing us away with the things he does.  



He cut his first tooth on Sunday, August 16.  Luckily we didn't have any fever or those other lovely teething symptoms that come most of the time.  It is cute to see that little gummy smile gleaming but now there is a little white peg trying it's best to let it's presence be known.  I told Travis on Sunday that it makes me sad to know the adorable gummy smile that greets me every morning, and smiles at me from across the room is almost gone. He loves to gnaw on anything he can get his hands on.  Last week he had his first encounter with a dill pickle!  He LOVED it! He didn't make the first sour face, he just gnawed!

Food.  The kid loves food.  Baby food, cookies, fresh green beans, oh and dare I forget how much he loves the frosting on cakes?!  He is definitely his momma's child whether he looks like me or not!!  If I'm holding him while I eat, he watches me as I pick the food up off the plate, and then follows the fork with his eyes, to my mouth.  The entire time looking at me like, 'hello.... what about me?'  




We had a visit to the pediatrician a few weeks ago regarding his acid reflux and the unusual amounts of spit up that ends up on the back of my clothes, the carpet, Carter's neck (yep, that really happened).  At his 2 month appointment they prescribed Zantac for him.  When we saw the doctor on Tuesday of last week, I was informed he was taking the wrong dosage of Zantac.  He should be taking a teaspoon for his weight.  His weight you ask... yes, his weight of 17 pounds 11 ounces!!!!  That blows me clear out of the water.  When I came home that afternoon I looked in Carter's baby book and to my surprise Carter was 17 pounds 9 ounces.... AT NINE MONTHS! Hello!  Tucker is five months.  That's okay by me though.  His rolls, and chunky cheeks are more to love!  I had a lady pass me in the mall and when she glanced at Tucker she stopped and said, "Ooh, that baby is JUICY!"  I laughed so hard.  I have myself a juicy little boy.

Mr. Rollie Pollie is everywhere.  Don't dare lay him on the mat in the living room and walk away for any amount of time because he my friends will be on the other side of the room when you return.  Carter says he's a busy little guy!  Put him in the walker and he chases after Carter like a mad man.  He loves to watch as Carter drives his radio controlled monster truck round and round his walker.  The bond between the two boys is already in the works.  I love to see them interact with one another.  Carter is so patient with him, willing to help do anything that brother needs, and always loves to kiss and hug on him.  Tucker's face lights up every time he sees Carter and it doesn't take much for Carter to get a smile out of him.  I can't wait until Tucker starts to really follow Carter, and see how much fun they have together.  



Sleep.  Hmm, I really can't complain.  Granted, I'm a girl that loves to get her full nights sleep but getting up once or twice, could be worse.  Last night, he was up at 2:00 a.m. looking for his nippy (that's what we call his paci) but once he got it, he was out.  Didn't hear from him again until 7:15.  Maybe I will find myself a good sleeper after all.  :)

He is also trying his very best to sit up.  He's almost got it.  I figure by the end of six months, he'll have it down with no problem.  He sits in his bumbo while I get ready, wash dishes, or while we cook dinner.  Funny thing with that bumbo seat though, his thighs are so big when you go to pick him up out of it, the seat comes up with him.  Carter says... "WHOA!  fat boy!" Yes, I know we need to nip that fat boy comment sooner rather then later.  But seriously, everyone I see calls the kid fat.  From grandparents, friends, to cousins.  Papa Donnie calls him PorkChop! Poor kid, hopefully these names won't stick forever!

I'm doubly blessed.  I couldn't ask for sweeter children.  Each one brings a different joy to my life.

2 comments:

Sebrina said...

What a sweet sweet boy..I love the pics of him in the clothes basket..Bristol spends a fair amout of time in one..I put her in there while I am sorting or folding..she just goes with the flow..

COUNTRY MOM said...

I am glad you enjoyed the post. I love reading yours. This last line you wrote is perfect "Each one brings a different joy to my life". It is the same exact way with me. My children all bring me so much Joy. Yes, Use the story I posted if you would like. Many Blessings,