Thursday, February 18, 2010

Home

BLOG
BLOG
There's nothing like going home to moms for a visit. Each time is a joy. The boys love seeing their Nana, Big Granny, and Big Papa. Growing up next door to my grandparents led to many precious memories of my childhood. Warm sunny mornings sitting on my granny's steps, crisp Fall afternoons waiting for Papa to come down the driveway, the trees I climbed, the mud puddles I jumped in, the list goes on and on.
BLOG
BLOG
Taking my children back there is no different. They make memories every time we are there. Carter loves climbing the trees, puddle jumping, treasure hunts through the woods, and Big Granny's treats! Sunday I had a newborn session so mom watched the boys for me. When I got back they were on their way to the pond to feed the fish. I grabbed my camera and we had a great time.  Big Papa helped Carter feed the fish. Carter was more anxious to try and get in the water then anything. Tucker well he didn't help feed the fish, he helped feed himself!!! :) Yep, you guessed it, he snagged a slice of bread and was off to bigger and better things... to play in the leaves!  He loves to hear the crackle of the leaves below his feet. He loves a stick and you better watch it because he'll get you the first chance he gets!
BLOG
BLOG
We then went on a treasure hunt as Carter calls them, through the woods. There sat the old Coca-Cola truck that's been in those woods for as long as I can remember. We found an old plow wheel, and countless other old things. Walking through those woods just a reminder to me of my roots, my home, my memories. It's a place I will always treasure and hold dear to my heart. On our way back to the house, I spied the old log trailers that my Uncle and Papa once used.
BLOG
BLOG
BLOG
Then I see Papa's plow. My Granny couldn't understand why I would want a picture of those things. I just told her, "because I do." Those things are a part of me just as much as they are my Papa and Uncle. I played on those trailers, I even had turpentine in my hair... momma wasn't real happy about that one! That plow I watched my Papa every spring till up the garden and his enjoyment is something that I now see when I look at that old plow. Knowing that if he had his way, he'd be preparing to get on that tractor in just a few short weeks to yet again plow a garden for his family.
BLOG
BLOG
BLOG
Time has taken over a lot of things of my childhood. Things change for us as we grow older but the circle is still the same. Now my kids are enjoying "home". Carter's giggles and questions to Nana and Big Granny while we're on the treasure hunt are just another memory etched in my mind. I'm grateful that I have a family place to call home. Someplace I can go and always feel welcomed. A place I know that I'm loved. My mom and grandparents will never know how much their company, their friendship, their support, and most importantly their love mean to me.
BLOG

No comments: