Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mud lover

Carter absolutely, positively, without a shadow of a doubt loves mud puddles. If he sees a mud puddle, I better not turn my back if I don't want him to get in it. Within a matter of minutes, he'll be soaked!
BLOG
BLOG
Last Sunday was no different! He found the biggest mud puddle in my Granny's yard and from there it was all about getting wet and making the biggest splash he could! My mom and Granny kept telling me, "he's getting soaked, he's going to catch a cold." My response was, he has on rubber boots he thinks he's invincible so I'm fighting a losing battle.
BLOG
BLOG
Sure enough, I lost. He was soaked but he had fun doing it. It's a part of being a kid right? Driving your mom, Nana, and Great-Grandma crazy, it's their purpose in life isn't that what we would say when we were kids? He was soaked from his waste down. He giggled, he splashed and I'm sure if I would have allowed it he would have shown Tucker just what to do!  Next year this time, I'm going to need some serious backup!
BLOG
BLOG
While jumping in those puddles on Sunday, I couldn't help but think that my baby was a big boy now. He's on to bigger things, setting out on big adventures in his little world. Five is just a few short months away. I'm ready, but I'm not ready. I heard a quote a while back that said, "every ending is a new beginning!" When I heard that I thought, my chapter of baby years with Carter is ending. The new beginning is going to be just as exciting, adventurous, fun, and filled with his perfect love!
BLOG
Their are countless mud puddles in my future. Endless amounts of giggle, handprints on the wall, and hugs that I love more each day!  Carter, I love you my little mud lover!!!
BLOG

No comments: