Sunday, February 28, 2010

Monster Jam 2010

Last year we decided two hours before the show to take Carter to the monster jam. Travis and I were both extremely sick and I was big, big pregnant but we still went. This year we decided to take him again, and as expected, he loved it!!
BLOG
Blue Thunder was, and is his all time favorite!  He sat through the entire event patiently awaiting to see Blue Thunder crush the cars and jump the hills. We were at the top of the stadium, and by top I mean about seven rows from the top. I felt a little closer to Heaven Saturday night!  The wind was blowing but our backs were to it so luckily we didn't feel too much of it, but it was still c.o.l.d!  I had on an undershirt, a wool sweater, my gator hoodie, and a windbreaker jacket over that and holy batman I was still freezing. About fifteen minutes before we left I had to put my gloves on. Travis just shook his head in disappointment. I don't know why, he knows I hate the cold.
BLOG
Anywho, enough about me. Carter was on the edge of his seat the entire night. His excitement really blesses my soul. Seriously, there were times I even caught myself tearing up watching him having such a good time. I know, how silly but it's true. Please, someone, anyone tell me I'm not the only mom that does this. I can only imagine when we take him to Disney, I'll be a complete basket case.  He cheered for Blue Thunder, Superman, and Gravedigger.  To hear him say, "ooh baby, that's what I'm talking about" is absolutely hilarious!!
BLOG
BLOG
About twenty minutes before the show was over he looked up at me and said, "can we go home now?" Poor guy was exhausted. He had been up since about 6:45 that morning.  It was close to 11:00!  I asked him if he wanted to watch Blue Thunder jump the cars and he said yes but that he wanted to leave as soon as that part was over. As promised, we left when Blue Thunder rolled over on his side.  The walk to the truck he was still excited. Once Travis put him in his seat, buckled him in it was literally less then five minutes and he was out!!
BLOG
BLOG
We enjoyed spending one on one time with Carter-bug. He's growing so quickly, and I know he too misses just having us all to himself.  Nights like this one make us really enjoy each other more.  Now, on to next year. Hopefully we'll order tickets before all that's left are the nose bleed, close to Heaven seats! :)
BLOG

No comments: