Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Old McHigg had a farm...

BLOG
E-I-E-I-O!  It's that time of year again. The garden has been plowed and this past Saturday it was time to plant the seeds. We, Carter & Travis (I watched), planted corn, onions, okra, cucumbers, beans, squash, bell pepper, watermelon, and something else but I can't remember.
BLOG
BLOG
Carter was so excited to start planting again. That child loves to be in the dirt, loves to help, and loves to see things grow. This year he thinks he's a seasoned farmer. He knows it all! Dig the hole this deep, put in this many seeds, and then watch it! So funny. We're hoping that our garden doesn't end up getting too much rain like it did last year.
BLOG
BLOG
I can only imagine the pictures that will come as our garden grows. This year we have two pee-wee farmers, so I can guarantee you'll see lots of dirty feet, dirty faces, and maybe some crop if we're lucky!!!
BLOG
BLOG
This little garden is already bring a smile to my face and it's still only dirt rows. It blesses my soul to see Carter enjoying things as simple as planting a seed. May the things he learns as a child go with him always as he grows up! Now, grow garden grow!

No comments: