Saturday, April 10, 2010

We're going on a trip

Friday morning, I was up before the sun even started to grace the sky with it's shining face.  All week long Carter had patiently awaited this day to go see his Aunt Jessica.  The exciting day of traveling was here. Carter sprang like a fresh spring flower,!  Tucker on the other hand, wasn't as springy as his brother. We were all still foggy eyed, but excited.

The plan was to be on the road at 7:00, that did not happen. 7:13, I look out the window and the train is stopped. So, no need to rush we could be here for awhile. I called Jason and Megan to see if they were up and at 'em, no answer. I thought to myself oh heavens, we won't be on the road until 9:00.  I tried him again, and he answered. He said he had been waiting on us to call, but his phone was on vibrate so he never heard it.  Umm, likely story!!!  The train started to move, so we were out the door. We picked Jason and Megan up around 7:30ish. My expedition was packed to capacity! We had a pack 'n play, three duffel bags, one small suitcase, a bag of toys, a bag of snacks, a cooler, and six of us strapped in and ready to go. First stop, Kingsland, Ga. I planned this very strategically. Gas is cheaper in Georgia, and there's also a Chic Fila which we do not have in Callahan. Smart gal, aren't I? So, we get our bellies full, fill up on gas, and we're off!  Tucker was eating, so he was good. Nana kept him busy the entire ride, thank God for that woman!!

Somewhere around noon we stopped at a rest stop to let the boys stretch their legs. Tucker was doing great, and Carter had no complaints as long as we kept the movies going. Jason and Megan, no complaints. Which they never have any complaints so I wasn't expecting too much from them. Nana, however, bless her soul she deserves $1000 a day for assisting me with my little Indians. We stayed at the rest stop for about thirty minutes and we packed up and pressed on to our final destination. The running around did little Tucker good, he took a nap and then it was on! About thirty minutes from our final destination, the little guy started to fall apart on us.

Coming down Capital Boulevard we started seeing the beauty that my sister had told us all about. Beautiful homes, lovely trees full of bloom, and a feeling of simplicity. Driving down Main Street, it was like something out of movie. I feel in love with two or three houses. If I could uproot one of them and move it to Cow Bird Lane, I promise you I would. This town holds a sense of relaxation, peacefulness, and a family feel. The 'old' feel makes me wish we were in a historic town.

We arrived at the historic Glen Royal Mill. Jessica was awaiting our arrival on the front steps. She was as glad to see us as we were to see her. We unloaded the wagon, man I need a bigger vehicle.  Jessica's apartment was filled with the yummy smell of dinner! She made homemade lasagna for us. We were all starving, and it was absolutely delicious. After dinner we headed out to a park down the street. In hopes, once again, of letting the kiddos run off some steam.

We're so glad to be here with my sister. I have lots of pictures to share, and more fun times, but that will have to wait until I get home. Hope all is well with each of you. Have a super Saturday! It's a beautiful day in Wake Forest, and we're off to do some antique shopping!!!!

Talk to you all soon!


MisAdventuresofMomof3 said...

Sounds like a fun adventure! Have a great trip!

Sarah said...

SO excited to see the pics! Sounds like Heaven :)