Wednesday, April 7, 2010

A weekend full

We've always got something going on around here, always. But this weekend was a little busier then most. We had an Easter egg hunt at the church, then we went to the train days event, watched the parade, then to Hilliard, then to Yulee, then to a birthday party. Are you still with me? Are you exhausted just from reading that? If so, imagine how we felt! :)
BLOG
All in all, it was a wonderful day spent with my little family. It's not often that we spend an entire day like that together. There's always cows to be fed, or split schedules and today was just nice to be with the loves of my life all day!  We started out at the Easter egg hunt. It was bright and early at 9:00. We were a few minutes late, but not too late for the hunt!  Carter said he was so strong, he could find all the eggs. Little Tucker, well his first egg was a real egg which he stuck his finger straight through! He wasn't overly impressed with the egg hunting. He just kind of wandered in circles like okay, what's the big deal? Carter on the other hand was like superman flying around the city looking for the next little egg in need of his super powers! Carter's basket was overflowing with eggs! Tucker was over it after about the third or fourth egg.
BLOG
BLOG
After the egg hunt, we made our way to the Train Days event that was going on in our little town. There were vendors with everything from metal works, to quilts. There were old antique displays of all sorts of things. They also had a parade which both of the boys enjoyed very much. Tucker waved to almost everyone, which of course melted my heart completely!
BLOG
BLOG
Carter sat on the curb holding his ears until the fire trucks were gone. Then his super powers were back to catch all the candy being handed out!
BLOG
BLOG
Being at the train expo reminded me of Papa Joe and how he would have loved to see Carter running around playing. As we walked through the train car, I couldn't help but think of the stories Papa would have told Carter if he were with us.
BLOG
BLOG
After the parade we made our way to my favorite little craft store in Hilliard, B&B Crafts. Oh mercy how I could spend hours in that store. It's a primitive country type place. I'm in the process of redecorating my kitchen and living room and let's just say I could do all I needed through this little place. If you're a local that reads my blog and you've not stopped in B&B yet... what on earth are you waiting for? Beth is there from 11-6 each Saturday. If you sign up for her mailing list you get a great coupon once a month! I have found myself in that store every Saturday that I can!!  Each time I go I'm there for at least an hour. She has everything from decor, to the most delicious smelling tarts and candles. Like I said, if you're local, make plans to go by this Saturday!!
BLOG
From Hilliard, we headed to Yulee so that Travis could meet with some of the Purina feed sponsors. He is all about this cow business that I still no very little about. I live on a farm, but really who am I kidding? I have no clue! :) Who cares though, at least I can say I live on a farm! I love it too. Love the sound of those cows mooing in the evening, the view from my front porch is one I wouldn't trade for anything! Maybe one day I can say I know as much as dear Granny Noni!
BLOG
This is Tucker eating his hotdog out of his stroller seat. Lovely, huh?!
BLOG
After our little stop in Yulee, we headed back towards home but not before stopping off at the park for a birthday party! The boys had a great time. Carter ran, and ran, and ran, and ran. Oh the energy that child has. Tucker wasn't too far behind him. We made our way home around 4ish, and it wasn't long after that we were all out!  It was a wonderful day, and I hope we have another fun filled day just like it soon!
BLOG

No comments: