Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm 28 not 17, right?!

So, it's 8:35 and I'm as excited as a school girl about going to school to see her new beau! My honey is on his way home, and granted he is still a good five hours away... HE'S ON HIS WAY HOME PEOPLE!!!!!! Last night I was so giddy and excited about him coming home that at one point I had to ask myself, are you 28 or 17 again?

**Just so you can see where he's been for the past 10 days, this is the lake they stayed on**


I remember the days when we started dating and I was so infatuated with my new love! The days I would have to go to school, and he to work, I couldn't wait to get out of school to call him. Then the weekends, dare we even talk about the weekends and how wrapped up I was in this boy? Ask any of my family and I'm sure they will tell you (or ask his, I'm sure they could agree), I followed him like a bloodhound! I wanted to be with him regardless of where it was or what we were doing. I can't tell you how many times I road in the Osceola forest with this boy & his best bud looking for the "Big" deer! I'm telling you, as long as I was with him I was as happy as a kid in a candy store.

Last night I had to laugh at myself for just a minute because I felt like 'that girl' all over again. Like this is going to be the first time I see him or something?! I guess it's a good thing, that I still get giddy, huh? I mean 11 years ago I was giddy, I'm still giddy, and I pray in 11 more years that I still get giddy!!! :) Thank you Lord for the love in my life!! I'm so glad that he has had a safe trip thus far, unfortunately no deer was slain in the process (but I guess that is a good thing, huh ladies?), but regardless... my hubby will be home in just a few short hours!!! Dare I go look for that perfect outfit (you all know we did that at one point)?? Okay... that's a bit to far, I know! Besides, I'm pregnant and it's cold, he'll either love me in my comfy clothes or else! :)

Now all of you reading this, quit laughing at me!! Here's a picture of me that I found with a giddy face!!


Patiently waiting for my honey....
Jen

2 comments:

Kari said...

Love is grand :)

Abbi said...

love makes us feel like a school girl again! all giddy and girly acting!