Thursday, January 14, 2010

My little worker bee

Carter loves to do whatever Travis is doing. He thinks he's grown, and if he only knew how much of a difficult time I was having this year with the fact that he will be five in August he would slow down and just be 'little'. I watch him out the window as he's playing and he's just different. He talks different, he plays different, he is just becoming his own little individual person now. So independent and not needing me quite as much. I know he still needs me but it saddens me to know he's growing up so quick.
BLOG
Last week, Travis was putting up fence and where was Carter? Right there with him. He had his little John Deere Gator loaded down with nails and his hammer and he was going to work. He had school that morning but when I picked him up at lunch and told him Travis was at home working, the biggest smile came on his face and he couldn't wait for us to get home.
BLOG
He immediately became Travis' shadow. Nailing fence, hammering, talking in his man voice... which cracks me up, and pretending as if what he was doing was exactly what Travis was doing. I stood on the porch for a bit watching him, and then I walked out into the field to get a closer look. When I got closer he told me he was working and couldn't talk. He was hammering so seriously. Travis asked him to bring him more nails and his response, "I can't, I'm not finished down here yet." Luckily, Uncle Chuck was passing by Travis and he got some nails from him. Carter wasn't leaving his spot until the job was done!
BLOG
Walking back to the house I smiled the entire way. As my sister said a few weeks back, he's a child that blesses many hearts. He's a child that has a spirit like no other, he's a child that has complete joy in his heart and it shows. I'm grateful that he loves his Daddy as much as he does. I'm grateful that he has a father like Travis to follow after. I know he's going to grow up to be a fine young man. For now, I'll treasure the moment of watching him kneeling down on the ground hammering nails, and 'helping'.
BLOG
If only I could get him to help me as much with inside chores as he does Travis. He did vacuum the tile, only after I bribed him with a quarter!! It's apparent, housework is the most hated job in the world, by everyone!!! :)

No comments: