Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why don't they understand?

It's Saturday morning, that means we should be resting and relaxing. Nope, not here. I lay in the bed listening to the little chubsy wubsy from the other side of the house calling me to his service. I lay there thinking, he'll go back to sleep.  He has too, it's only 6:39 a.m.!  Why can't I make them see that I am not a morning person, I don't like waking before the sun rises. It makes me grouchy, it makes me more tired, and bottom line, I JUST DON'T LIKE IT!

Carter has started sleeping in later. I mean at this point in my life I see 8:00 as late. I remember the days waking up and the sun would almost be over the top of the house. Yes, I'm ashamed to say I would sleep that late if my dear husband would let me. Now days, I long for 8:00 to appear on my clock before my little green eyes have to open. If only I could make Tucker understand that sleeping in until 8:00 was the "new" thing to do. Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that they are not going to sleep for me. They aren't going to have pitty on me, they are out to get me. Where's the love...can someone tell me? I've also come to the conclusion that they will start sleeping in when my body decides to take on that waking early to watch the sunrise thing that 'older', more 'mature' people do! Oh the joys of motherhood, the smiles from chubsy before sunrise as he beats me in the head. The tugs on my arm from Carter telling me to turn on kids movies.  I suppose being woke up by those two sweet critters is worth the sleep I once treasured as a teenager.

Thank you  my sweet children for the hours of sleep you do allow me to have. Just remember, one day, you'll be parents and your memories of sleep will be just that... a memory. OH WAIT, no they won't... you guys will be Daddy's and you'll have a Mommy for your babies and she'll do all the waking. How could I forget, mommy's get the short stick. Bah-humbug!

Just kidding.... maybe.

yawn....

2 comments:

Kari said...

I guess this isn't a good time to tell you that Delaney is still sleeping......... Tell Carter that he's going to have to learn to love some sleep to spend the rest of his life with my girl. haha!!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Jen, Thank You so much for the comment. I am very excited and Praying for high Beta numbers. Do you have your Betas checked too? What were your levels if you did? Many Blessings, Audrey