Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Backpacks, pencils, crayons...

Backpack, CHECK!
Crayons, CHECK!
Glue, CHECK!
Tissues, CHECK!
Scissors, CHECK!
Mom ready for this.... UNCHECKED!
IMG_4250
As the Summer draws to a screeching halt, the reality that I have a kindergartner on my hands is not feeling so real. I feel like I'm in a dream and that Carter should still be about 2!  I know, I know as my cousin Justin told me the other day, "get a tissue and get a grip Mom!" Yep, that's how he told it to me. Blunt, to the point, and a little cold hearted! ;)
IMG_4252
All joking aside, I'm ready. I'm sure I'll shed a tear or two come Tuesday of next week but knowing that he is so excited and ready just blesses my soul. He's been talking about his friends, and the school, his teacher for weeks now. How could I dare let him know that I don't want him to grow up?!
IMG_4253
Tuesday morning will be here much sooner than I'd like, but we'll deal with it. I'll suck it up, grab a tissue and get a grip. We have his meet and greet this coming up Friday, I hope his teacher Ms. Branson knows what she's in for. My Carter is sure to make it an interesting year!!! Shall I warn her, or let her figure it out on her own?!  :)

Kindergarten or Bust baby!!!!!!

2 comments:

RN Mama said...

My youngest will be going to kindergarten this month too!!! I found a really sweet book called "Twas the night before Kindergarten" at Target, you should check it out:) Warning though, it made me cry!

P.S. Love your little man's cowboy boots!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Sweet List... I enjoy buying new school supplies for my children here at homeschool too. Every year we add new items:)