Wednesday, August 18, 2010

T.H.I.R.T.Y.

Thirty.  Say it again, thirty.  I my dear friends am the proud new owner of that lovely word. I turned the big 3-0 on June 29th.  It came, we celebrated, and it went.  No big hoorah, just another day. I'm not like most. To hear thirty didn't send me into a downward spiral. I didn't have thoughts of, 'oh no! not the dirty thirty!' I just took it as it came.
IMG_4277
All in all, I'm glad to be thirty. I'm glad that the Lord has blessed me with thirty wonderful years of life. I look forward to what thirty holds, and quite honestly I look even more forward to turning forty!  I know, I'm nuts... right? Nah, I think my thirties will be filled with excitement as I watch my children grow. They'll start new adventures and chapters of their lives and I, Lord's willing, will be a part of each year. Travis and I have discussed a few goals and dreams and I think several of those may become a reality during the wonderful days of being thirty-something.
IMG_3682
IMG_3674
IMG_3671
I'm not scared of you thirty. I welcome you.  Bring on great days, happy days, memorable moments, and even a few bumps in the road if you may.  I'll take whatever you have to offer and prove to the world thirty is just another number.
IMG_3684
IMG_3693
IMG_3696
I spent my birthday dining with great friends and family a few days prior to my birthday. My dear mother then cooked a spectacular dinner for me, and a delicious cake. Travis and the boys made the day bright! As I sat at my mothers table I looked around and thought to myself, "there is nowhere else I'd rather be at this moment then at this table with these wonderful people!" My life is full, blessed, and as far as I'm concerned it's as close to perfect as it can be!!!
IMG_3698
IMG_3706
I did receive one special gift from the boys.  Travis knows I'm a sentimental gus. I love gifts that I can hold onto forever and know that it has a significance. He bought me an oak tree from the boys. Yes, a tree. I know most people don't think a tree is probably a gift, but it is to me. I love oak trees, always have, always will. Watching that tree grow is like watching my children grow. Carter was so excited, "momma, momma, we've got to plant your tree!!  Where do you want it, pick a place momma!!!"  We found the perfect place outside his bedroom window and my three boys dug the hole and planted the tree. Each time I look at it I smile because I think of the fun they had planting, as you can tell by the pictures.
IMG_3710
IMG_3714
I'm glad to be thirty. I feel like to be thirty years old, I've done pretty good for myself. I don't have a college education or a high paying job, but the job I have is the greatest ever. I get to be a wife to the most calm, peaceful, understanding, loving man I know. I get to be the momma to two boys that are as opposite as black and white but make me laugh each day. I get to spend every day at home with my babies, and I have a beautiful home to live in, a family that loves me as much as I love them. I don't need the things of this world to bring happiness to my life.  I wouldn't trade my life for anything the world has to offer.  Well, maybe the few grey hairs that are sprouting on the top of my head.... but as my granny has always said, "with age comes wisdom".  Can I change that up to say, "with age comes wisdom and more grey hair?!"
IMG_3722
I hope that my prediction of thirty is correct. I pray it's full of happiness, contentment, good health, peace, and more love than the last thirty!
IMG_3746

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, I love thirty and can't wait for what the future holds!