Thursday, November 19, 2009

I am thankful

I am thankful that when I have guests over to our home, they feel welcome. I never really put much thought into it until this week about whether or not people feel comfortable in my home. I try to keep the sty clean, I mean the house. I try to be as friendly and show my best southern hospitality.

Earlier this week my brother in law was over and we were in the kitchen and he helped himself to some snacks from the pantry. I just smiled, thinking to myself, "thank goodness he feels comfortable enough to do that." You know, you've been to a house before where you were afraid to even sit on the furniture. You won't get that at my house. Don't bother taking off your shoes, sit wherever you can find a spot, and if there's dirt on the floor, don't assume it came from you it was probably there already. I love going to other peoples homes where I can just go to the cabinet, get out a cup and fix myself something to drink. Or, plop down on their couch and get comfy.

Tonight my sister and Kyle came in to town. I was sitting at the computer when I heard the squeak of the pantry door. I figured it was Carter, then later Kyle told me it was him looking for something to snack on. Once again, someone felt comfortable enough in my home to help their self to whatever they would like. I think that says something about a person. I'm glad it's a positive mark on my behalf.

I pray that my house always feels like home to anyone that visits!!!

No comments: