Monday, October 5, 2009

Memory Monday & Happy Birthday Nana!!!

So, I'm a little late getting this posted.  Better late then never, right?! :)

This past weekend we celebrated my moms birthday.  My sister came in to town from Graceville, and we surprised my mom.  I contacted the ladies she works with and the plan was to meet us at Ruby Tuesday around 4ish on Friday.  Mom met me at JoAnn's but little did she know Jessica was waiting on the next aisle to surprise her!!  She was shocked.  We left JoAnn's and off to Ruby Tuesdays we went. 

We pulled in the parking lot and she got a really strange look on her face and asked, "What is going on here?"  She noticed two of the vehicles and guessed that they looked just like the ones her co-workers drive.  I just smiled and grinned.  Mom's not much on surprises, but hey... everyone needs a good surprise now and then.  We were joined by six of her co-workers and some of our cousins.  Dinner was wonderful, and after dinner we saw Love Happens, with Jennifer Anniston.  It was a great movie.  Mom enjoyed her evening, I do believe!

Nana's birthday celebration last year... hence, Memory Monday! 

On Saturday we met up again and mom and I spent the day together.  She was a little hurt that Carter didn't come, but he was with his Daddy in the woods getting ready for hunting season *more on that later*.  We made a trip to Wally World, Big Lots (woo hoo... great fun, I know), and lunch with my brother.  On Sunday, we all went to church for Homecoming and afterwards I helped mom cook lunch and we had cake and ice cream.

Our family is so blessed to have my mother.  She is a caring, compassionate, hard-working, dedicated, individual.  She is one of those people that would give you the shirt off her back if that is what you truly needed.  I thank God for her guidance as a mother, her support as a friend, and her endless love.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!  Love you, always!!


No comments: